Tuesday, March 3, 2009

YES THANK YOU YES

I don't necessarily agree with Torts that scratching Orr is a reasonable thing to do, as reported here by Larry Brooks, who is probably embellishing some of the missteps Torts might make (in fact, I'd be surprised if Orr didn't play on Thursday) because, well, I'm not sure he's quite over the past yet. However, regardless, any coach who gives a justification like this is a welcome change in my world:

"In the cap world, you need toughness but you need to be able to do it as a group. Toughness isn't fighting. It's being hard to play against, it's protecting the puck on the boards. You want to be a hard team to play against, and I thought we were in [my] first two games, especially at home on Thursday against Florida."

Disclaimer: I like Larry Brooks, a great deal. I have, for a few years now, been consistently saying that he's right about the Rangers almost as often as I (always) and my dad (even more often than that). I still like him. I just think he could stand to let go of the (hilarious) past and give Torts a fairer shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment