Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Well, that didn't take long - Avery drama

No alarms, etc.

Commence the media storm.

In the next post, I'm going to do a *very crazy* thing, so I'm gonna need you to hang on tight. Instead of talking about how Sean Avery had an internship with Vogue, or about how he used the phrase "sloppy seconds" to refer to his ex-girlfriend hooking up with a different, less pronounceable hockey player, I'm going to talk about what effect he might have on the actual hockey games he plays. Ooooooooooh.

First, in this post, I'm going to justify that move, because I unfortunately feel like I have to. A brilliant dude completely unknown to most, me, once said, a few minutes ago, "Look, it's hockey." Those words still ring true today. After Avery's widely overreacted-to "sloppy seconds" comments, Torts said something like "Ew, that dude's a jerk." Also, Avery has done other things that some people don't like. Okay, fine. Fortunately, they're professional hockeymen. And Avery will fall in line under Torts, because it's the only thing that could possibly happen. If you want interpersonal drama, go watch "My Super Sweet 16." This is hockey.

That's it. The end. Next time, hockey.

No comments:

Post a Comment