Thursday, March 12, 2009

King Henrik of New York

First, Henrik Lundqvist's organs news. The word on the street is that he's really probably on his way to mostly maybe getting over this completely debilitating stomach bug he seems to have contracted. (As recently as Sunday, he was on an IV to replenish fluids 'cause he couldn't eat.) Perhaps. At any rate, he's playing tonight, and he and Torts both seem to be taking my patented "whatever, shut up, it's fine" approach to his sickness. If I can't trust Torts and Henrik, who can I trust? I'm sure he's fine. Also, Jay Greenberg, in the Post, called him the "No-Burger King," and that is so terrible that it borders on journalistic irresponsibility.

In "goalies poised to set NHL records" news... King Henrik is one win away from something no goalie in NHL history has ever done: win at least 30 games in each of his first 4 NHL seasons. No goalie has ever done that, ever.

Why, who did you think I meant?

No comments:

Post a Comment