Wednesday, March 11, 2009

No one loves us

Of course, the fucking Penguins ruin fucking everything, with their refusal to lose AND their refusal to win without a skills competition. I hate the Penguins. I am so angry.

I don't have a ton to say. I watched Watchmen last night instead of hockey. Then I went out to rant about the movie and look at scores. Then I needed to drink EVEN MORE. The Canadiens won 4-3. The Pens won by that same score, in a shootout, leaving the Cats a point as well. The only good news is that the Flyers remembered to beat the Sabres, who I'm hoping lose 1 or 2 more so I can stop putting them on our list of competitors.

Here are the standings now. Ugh. I hate Sidney Crosby so much.

5. Montréal, 79 pts, 15 GR
6. Pittsburgh, 78 pts, 14 GR
7. Florida, 77 pts, 15 GR
8. Carolina, 77 pts, 14 GR
---------------------
9. NEW YORK RANGERS, 76 pts, 15 GR
10. Buffalo, 73 pts, 15 GR

Tonight, Carolina plays in Chicago at 8:30. The Blackhawks have been quietly staying out of trouble this season, like our Flyers: not fantastic enough to be talked about like the Red Wings and Sharks, not floundering enough to be on the bubble like the egregious 9 teams in the West competing for the bottom 4, not intriguing enough to have made big trade deadline day moves...they fired their coach this season, sure, but that was SO LONG AGO and besides now all the cool kids are doing it. IF they can beat the 'Canes tonight, then the 8-spot will only be 1 point out of reach, while we'd have 2 games-in-hand on it. I don't hate those odds. But...I think you know what I think is actually gonna be the outcome of this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment