Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Update: My dad is still right about everything

I've been rolling this around in my head, and turns out I'm a moron. Something kept not adding up. I was happy up until right before the Morris trade, and Morris was a good acquisition, but how did we end up giving up 3 starters for him? Especially given that Phoenix was most interested in Dawes, and we were most interested in giving up Kalinin. How did we not just sweeten the pot a little and, at 2:59, not get suckered into Prucha also?

Then my dad asked me who the GM of the Rangers was, and what he got famous doing. Then he asked me who the GM of the Coyotes was (he meant coach).

Oh yeah. OK, so maybe THAT'S how we gave up Prucha. Maybe Wayne said "Can you throw in this Prucha guy? I like his energy." And maybe Slats said "you're the reason I have a career, and I get to spend my life in the Garden rafters smoking cigars. Sure!" Maybe that had something to do with it.

Good luck, Petr. Meanwhile, what the hell are we gonna do with our group of guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment