Sunday, March 8, 2009

The good news: Rangers 4, Bruins 3

Holy crap balls super what a wow game yes! To say we looked better than we did against the Islanders would be an epic understatement. This, my friends (2 people maybe), is hockey. Remotely decent officiating (but I'm biased, the Bruins got shafted a little more than the Rangers did; also included the standard One BS Interference Call Against Avery), even! This was not a flukey Rangers one-goal win. This was a hard-fought 60-minute battle. We made mistakes (I'm looking at you, Dubi and Redden) and we recovered from them. There's room to improve. This was a huge two points, and I am thrilled.

Avery is Avery. Yes yes and fuck yes.

Morris I have largely not noticed for two games. This I consider positive. Yoda's sentence structure I will stop employing now. He (Morris, not Yoda) was brought on to be a solid stay-at-home defenseman (we've heard this before), but I haven't, by two games in, been completely turned off (which makes him different than the times "we've heard this before"). He moves the puck on the PP (but then, we all do that now), and all-in-all, he's doing exactly his job. Let me put it this way: I wish Redden and Roszival played like he plays.

Antropov is still big and dumb. It's still working. I don't know what to say about that. I'd sure like it if he moved his legs. But...he's scoring, now, by standing still and being big. My instincts tell me that he's going to have to learn to actually skate with any kind of -- urgency is too strong a word -- apparent knowledge that he's playing a game. But, my instincts have to admit that so far, it's working.

'08-'09 Rangers with Sean Avery: 2-0-0

No comments:

Post a Comment