Friday, October 2, 2009

Lineup

As usual, my father is always righter than I am. How? I dunno. My lineup was based on the Drury/Kotalik chemistry, as well as on the lines Torts was playing all through the preseason. My father's was based on...being right. Anyway, according to reports from people at Mellon Arena (remind me why they get to be there while I'm down the street at my office?), these are the lines and pairs we practiced today (and presumably therefore the ones we'll play tonight).

Prospal - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Higgins - Drury - Callahan
Lisin - Anisimov - Kotalik
Brashear - Boyle - Voros

Gilroy - Rozsival
Del Zotto - Redden
Staal - Girardi

So, he's breaking up the Albatross Twins but leaving the Staal/Girardi pair intact? Weird. Also, I imagine the D pairs there are in no particular order.

It seems like Torts might be using the philosophy that your top 3 centers are ordered, your top 3 left wings are ordered, and your top 3 right wings are ordered, and then that's how you make your top 3 lines. I imagine this will change as chemistry is developed over the season, but for now, I'm not gonna complain, I'm gonna sit here and get excited.

Hockey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment