Thursday, October 1, 2009

A few more things

1. Tomorrow morning is when Torts will announce the alternate captains for this season. Before this summer's contract fiasco, I would have been hoping for Dubinsky to get one of the 'A's, but that seems unlikely now. I imagine Gaborik will probably wear one. I'd love to see Callahan or Avery pick up the other, but it's just as likely that Rozsival will wear it. What do you think?

2. Andrew Gross reports that "some issues" have arisen with the Semenov contract. Probably nothing to be worried about, even if this does stop him from making the trip here to Pittsburgh tomorrow night (he likely wasn't going to be dressed anyway), I'm only reporting it because it may mean the previous post about his one-year $600,000 contract was not entirely accurate. Still, this could just be Gross speculating based solely on Semenov's absence from practice this morning. If this "news" had broken by itself, I wouldn't even post about it. I just already had this space to write in, and I like talking. No worries yet.

3. The Rangers came back out later in the Late Show, carrying Madonna to the stage on a hockey stick litter. Video!

No comments:

Post a Comment