Thursday, July 9, 2009

I've decided I have an enemy

Because the Internet is more fun when you declare meaningless anonymous war on someone who will never hear of you, ever. Check out my deal. I was minding my own business, reading the shit I usually read in the morning, and I found myself at The New York Rangers Blog, which tends to be a pretty good aggregator of links to various facts and opinions surrounding the Rangers (with some small commentary from the author). It's one of my staples. Anyway, I was looking at the particular post I just linked you to, and down at the bottom, I saw the blurb: "Brian over at Save Prucha says after initially hating the move, now understands the logic behind Sather sign Brashear."

Sorry, Brian over at where now? "Save Prucha," naturally was a link...to this guy.

Okay. Hold on a second. Let's notice some things.

1. Look at this page for a second. Look at it. I know, he's using a Blogger template, and he doesn't have a ton of choice, but...look at this thing! You've got a bunch of different "Blogger gadgets" over on the left, stacked awkwardly one on top of the other, with no regard whatsoever given to how well a given gadget fits in its space.

2. Look at the "Followers" application. Even if I thought it was a reasonable idea to show off how many people read my blog, on my blog itself, wouldn't I want to do so in a text color that shows up on my background? I'm not claiming to be a design student, and I'm sure there are countless little things wrong with the look of my blog, but if I'm putting up a page that contains information, I'd like my readers, however few there may be, to be able to read that information, at all!

3. I started my blog literally the day before Prucha was traded to the Coyotes. I decided to keep the name, both because it's a pain in the ass to change a blog's name, and for the same reason I still wear my Prucha shirt - I loved him as a Ranger, I wish him the best in Phoenix, and I want us to keep playing people like him. This guy started his blog well after Prucha was gone, in this off-season, and puts a big-ass picture of him up as the welcome. What does "Save Prucha" even mean? He's an NHL player. He's playing under coach Wayne Fucking Gretzky. What, exactly, are we saving him from? Save him from the Coyotes? Bring him back to New York, where he can play 6 games a year again? What do you mean, "Save Prucha"? It's July. He's been a Coyote since March. He and Dawes will be happy there. Shut up.

4. Google Ads? Really? No one cares.

5. This one is the real point. This is the one that really pisses me off. "Save Prucha" was started 3 days ago. How the fucking hell is he already being linked to from The New York Rangers Blog?? Yes, I'm envious - you got me. Read through his 3 posts ever (actually, don't - I'll take care of it for you soon). There is no way that that writing was just so spectacular that he became an overnight Internet sensation. So how did he get a free ticket to the Rangers blog inner circle? How do I get one? I'm so much cooler than this hack! Come on!

That is all. Next stop: his content.

No comments:

Post a Comment