Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy arbitration day

Now Brooks is reporting that the arbitration offers are $2.8 million from the Rangers and $4.6 million from Dubinsky, and both sides expect the offer to come in between $3.8m and $4.4m. It's a 1-year arbitration, which makes a lot more sense to me than the 2 years I had heard. But I still don't get it. Dubinsky wanted $5+ million for a multi-year deal, and couldn't get it from the Rangers, so he let it go to arbitration, which is for a 1-year deal, where he requested $4.4 million? What? None of this makes any sense to me. I thought the original fight was over length of contract? By letting it go to arbitration, it becomes a one-year deal! Surely the Rangers would have offered, like, 3 years at $4.2 million, no?

Whatever, this whole thing is dumb. Here's this.

No comments:

Post a Comment