Unfortunately, either Cerny or whatever moderator picks questions for him wasn't interested in addressing this question, or my follow-up half an hour later: "Jim, sorry to repeat an unanswered question, but can you explain the Redden cap situation? Does full AHL salary count against cap, or only partial? And does it count this season even though Rangers can't use compliance buyout until next?" So, I have no answers for you. Instead, I am forced to provide a treasury of the questions Jim Cerny did answer this afternoon, while he was not answering my question about the Rangers' salary cap situation.
- Dave, when is Ron Duguay going to get a hair cut?
- Which Ranger will lead the team in goals this season?
- It would be nice to see Rupper hammer some guys like he used to do against the Rangers!
- Even though he is new to the team, do you give Nash a letter on his sweater out of respect?
- hey jim what do think the rangers chances of winning the cup
- Hey Jim, are Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti ready for this season?
- Hi Jim. The Rangers, after many years have finally put a team together that is not simply playing the game of hockey but rather play for each other. Who are the people most deserving the credit for that ? (Note: this one's response started with "Wow, great question, really a good one.")
- Jim: there was a rumor that Leetch might be brought in as a PP coach. Any truth to that?
- Hello Jim :) when do the camp start?
- Will the rangers come out on top in the conference this season?
So, if you want Jim Cerny's answers to any of those hard-hitting, fact-based, relevant questions, they're available.