Monday, September 12, 2011

Woah! Blogger got weird

Feelings on the new blogger interface: NOT AWESOME

Here's the point: 9 days until the preseason starts! At which point I still won't be able to watch any games, because I can't just subscribe to a damn channel, because TV is still stuck in the past. But still: 9 days! And some news, today, too!

Later today, the Rangers will be announcing their new captain and alternate captains for the 2011-2012. Callahan -- oops, I mean, whoever they select -- will be the 27th captain in New York Rangers history. But seriously, it's got to be Callahan, right? With one A going to Staal, I imagine, because he's the one who wore it last season. The other one goes to Dubinsky? Possibly Richards if not Dubinsky? I'd give it to Lundqvist, but I know you're not supposed to do that for vague and unsubstantial reasons.

In other news, Traverse City has been going on this week. I wish I could have seen any of the games, but again, TV doesn't know it's the future yet. But apparently it's been going well: the Rangers' prospects are 2-0 so far, beating the Blues' 5-2 on Saturday and the Stars' 6-2 yesterday. Today is a day off at the tournament, tomorrow they play the Canes' prospects to round out the "regular season," and then the tournament's "playoffs" are on Wednesday. Names we should be paying attention to, apparently, are Dylan McIlrath, Ryan Bourque, Tim Erixon, and Blake Parlett. So, there that is. Let's Go Ranger Prospects!

No comments:

Post a Comment