Monday, March 21, 2011

I IS A POET YOU GUYS

So, sometimes I express myself creatively by writing poetry. My favorite form of poem to write is the double dactyl, which I enjoy for the same reasons all we little nerdlings enjoyed haiku in middle school: the rules are very simple to follow, and the form is short, so they often come out amusing. Here are three double dactyls I wrote today, following the announcement that Matt Cooke will be suspended for the remainder of the regular season as well as the first round of the playoffs.


On-the-ice, with-mal-ice,
Matthew David Cooke will
elbow your head or
collide with your knee.

Perspectivelessly,
he thinks that's okay 'cause
he gives to some charities
regularly.

--------------------

Flipacoin, rolladie!
Colin (That's l-I-n)
looked at Cooke's elbow of
Ryan McD.

Uncharact'ristically,
got this one right even
though he's a Pen and there's
no injury!

--------------------

Listen-up! Wisen-up!
Sir Super Mario:
Campbell did his part, now
it's up to you.

The question now is if
unjustifiably
Cooke sees one second of
ice in round two.

No comments:

Post a Comment