Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I gave up on August

Look, people. I keep telling you: start paying me to maintain this shitty blog, and I won't have to take hiatuses (hiati?) when my real job which pays me real money requires me to do real work that impedes my freedom to sit around blogging all day. The jerks.

Oh, and also, basically nothing has happened.

Well, I guess we did sign this one guy. His name is Tim Kennedy (no relation), and he's a 24-year-old, 5'10", 173 lb. left wing. Apparently he had been on a million dollar contract with the Sabres, was eligible for arbitration, and was awarded $1.2 million, from which the Sabres then walked? Or something? It doesn't matter. What matters is that he's another 24-year-old forward with potential to be decent (10-16 last year, in his first real season) but not great, whom we'll try out at center despite him being a natural wing, to see if it can work out.

Oh my god, how fucking familiar does that sound?

It's a one-year, $550,000 deal, so: no harm, no foul, I guess? We'll have one more young guy trying out for a roster spot? I don't really see the reasoning, but it's hard to get too worked up about it, or really to care at all. Tim Kennedy: another name you'll see on preseason rosters.

As for important news, Staal remains completely unsigned, there is no word whatsoever on talks moving in any direction, and training camp starts in 16 days. So, I guess that's "important," but it's not actually "news."

Goddamn it somebody give me some hockey already.

No comments:

Post a Comment